A.S. Wildlife & Fisheries
Acquire a fundamental grasp of biological sciences by successfully earning an Associate of Science Degree. This education equips students with the essential knowledge and competencies for various entry-level roles within the natural resources field. This program lays a robust groundwork for pursuing a Bachelor of Science Degree.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Associate of Science Degree in Wildlife and Fisheries, students will be able to:
- Understand basic principles of biology, ecology, and taxonomy.
- Demonstrate knowledge of common methods used for fish, wildlife, and habitat inventories and monitoring.
- Communicate knowledge about natural resources and scientific issues within cultural, regional, and global contexts using written, oral, and visual information.
- Use critical thinking skills to describe solutions related to natural resources management and conservation issues.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge and awareness of place basic wildlife and fisheries issues and their related cultural perspectives.
- Understand and practice the values of good citizenship, teamwork, and community service.